Thursday, April 16, 2009

Prozac

Oh Dear Lord. I have struggled with this for four agonizing weeks. The doctor prescribed Prozac in hopes that it would help with my constant fatigue. I am not at a point in my life where I can retire and work was proving too much for me to handle.
At this point I am willing to try anything however, and promised my doctor that barring any serious reactions I would keep trying for the next 8 weeks.
The first week nothing changed. I was still tired. Nothing felt different. By the end of the second week I was sleeping 14 to 18 hours a day. When I wasn't sleeping I felt paralyzed. I was emotionally numb and felt "outside" of my body.
Now here I am. It's been a little over 4 weeks. I am awake. My napping time has dropped to an hour and a half a day. I can't say I am better, because i got so much worse that past few weeks, but I do have hope again. I am beginning to feel a little like myself again. I am writing and speaking and even laughing now and then.
I don't know if Prozac will provide me with the answer I need, but I have tried everything else. Last on the list is Ritalin. I plan to keep an update here, just to see if I notice any differences. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment